The current building of the Town Hall of El Poble Nou de Benitatxell was inaugurated on March 11, 1988. Previously, municipal schools were placed in this space. Town Hall is located at the end of the Calle Mayor (No. 5) near the Church, the municipal market and the Tourist office.
The building is divided into three floors, distributed into administration areas for Town Hall, Urban planning services and other technical services, the Court of peace and the plenary Hall. Its facade contains typical building materials of the area such as the rough stone Tosca. The old coat of arms which was replaced in the 1990, according to Heraldic studies, still remains on the top floor. A shield that was placed a few years ago at the Centre of the square of the Church, reproduced in large dimensions with multi-coloured terrazzo tiles.
Some services of the municipal administration, currently, had to be dislocate of this building by its structure similar to a House and its limited dimensions. This belongs to social services, the library, the Agency of Local development, the School of Music and Dance, the multifunctional Cultural space Abiar and the Social Center.
At the highest point of the urban core the church overlooks majestically the village. The House of worship was built between 1710 and 1774 and some renovations have been undertaken until the mid XX century. The parish church is dedicated to Santa Maria Magdalena. The austerity outside discovers inside a rich ornamentation dominated by the white and gold.
The construction of the temple began upon an old chapel. Initially the Church consisted of three chapels on both sides and in the centre the high altar which is devoted to the Patron Saint, San Roque and San Cristóbal.
One of the most significant enlargements and renovations was carried out in 1911, when the dome was tiled in blue and white. At that time they built the chapel of the communion, the grandstands of the presbytery, the cloister gallery and pavement. At the same time, ornament the building with the conchated crypt, cornices and pilaster of the entire temple. The Bell Tower was built in 1921 and in 1953 was to prepare in the façade to set the clock in 1961.
Along general lines the interior of the Church is a simple Baroque style with neoclassical features. There are, however, outside some forms which are reminiscent of the neo-Gothic as the arc of the Bell Tower through which we see the campaign.
The exterior is much simpler, in material of Tosca stone on the facade, and an entry with a lintel, neoclassical, very balanced and simple. Outside you can see a niche to Santa Maria Magdalena.
The Portalet is the name that is known to the door that leads to the square of the Church from its back side. Constitutes the second entrance, next to the Church-street or Rector More. This door could be one of the entrances to the walled core upon which was built the first village, surrounding the Church. Walking from the square through the Portalet (small) portal, it becomes a beautiful viewpoint seeing the Montgó, the Cape of Sant Antoni, the Bay of Xàbia and the hills that rise to the Puig Llorença.
This chapel was built at the end of XIX century when the priest Jaime Llobell donated and founded the building with the aim of providing assistance to those most in need, in that era. During the civil war the building suffered various damages and in 1974 it was restored and reopened to the cult.
The building is formed by a Chapel, attached to a building with various facilities. In the lobby of the Hermitage there is a patio, formed by arches reminiscent of the architecture of the riurau. The interior of the worship house has a very simple Baroque style mixed with neoclassical style. In this Chapel a mass is still held, weekly, on Saturday afternoon.
Els Pous of l'Abiar is a set of network of wells and underground cisterns collecting water in the lower area of the Partida of Abiar. Maybe the hydraulic system dated of Arab settler in this area created with their knowledge.
A windmill, which until recently served as a natural supplier is preserved from the original set. Furthermore, in its immediate vicinity are two other wells. These wells were used until the 1990s as a source of water for farmers, for irrigation of vegetables and cattle troughs. In the same area was a public laundry -traditionally in the villages in this area- to which women came from the village to wash by taking the advantage of the water in the wells. In the 1970s, this public building was ruptured.
Next to the wells, are small picnic areas and some organic community gardens.